Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Energy Balls
Attention peanut butter cup lovers! I have a new recipe for you to try! These energy balls are packed with chocolate and peanut butter and makes for the perfect yummy sweet treat! No baking required and a perfect snack to take on the go! Store these in the fridge a pull them out when you feel a little "snackish"!
I absolutely LOVE making energy balls because they are super easy to make and are a perfect way to satisfy my sweet tooth! This was my first time dusting my energy balls in cocoa and I found it adds a little extra touch! It may make them a little messier than your average energy ball but boy are they delicious! There are so many different ways to make energy balls! They are probably one of my favourite snacks because they are just so fun to make and of course fun and delicious to eat! These energy balls are very moist and fudgey with a little added crunch thanks to the peanuts! If you love peanut butter but aren't a huge fan of peanuts on their own, you can always swap the raw peanuts out for extra cashews or pecans! Cashews and pecans are great nuts to put in energy balls because they are a sweeter nut so they add some natural sweetness to your energy balls!
Energy balls are also a fun snack for the kiddies and fun for them to help make as well! Get your kiddies involved in your cooking and baking and get them to help you roll into balls! A fun afternoon or morning activity to do! I always store my energy balls in the fridge and they usually can keep for a week (mine never usually make it that long).
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Energy Balls - Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Yields: 12 medium sized balls
1/2 cup raw peanuts
1/2 cup raw cashews
10 pitted medjool dates
1 cup large flake oats
1 tbsp powdered peanut butter (or protein powder of choice)
1 tbsp hemp hearts
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
*1/2 cup cocoa powder (for coating)
1. In food processor, blend together cashews, peanuts and oats. Blend well.
2. Add in dates and blend well for 1-2 minutes.
3. Once dates are blended and becomes a paste-like consistency, add in remaining ingredients (except the 1/2 cup cocoa powder for coating).
4. Blend well for another 1-2 minutes until mixture forms into a ball (mix with hands or spoon if not mixed completely).
5. Spoon out mixture and roll in hands to form small balls.
6. Place 1/2 cup of cocoa powder in a small bowl. Roll balls in cocoa powder and roll again in hands to shape (hands will get a little messy).
7. Place balls on a plate and place in fridge for 1 hour.
8. After 1 hour, remove from fridge, serve and enjoy! If you are not serving right away, place balls in container and store in fridge for up to 1 week.