Frozen Chocolate PB Nice-Cream Bites
Looking for a healthy treat for you and the kiddies this spring and summer? These chocolate peanut butter nice-cream bites are something you should definitely try! I love anything "chocolatey" and "fudgey" and all I can say is that I was in heaven when eating these nice-cream bites! I made a large batch last summer and kept them in the freezer for hot sunny days when I was craving a cold sweet treat! I've tried making nice-cream before but found it was too hard to scoop when I went to eat it so I tried making these bite sized treats instead!
If you are a banana and chocolate lover I can guarantee these nice-cream treats are for you. You can easily make these treats 100% dairy free by swapping out the dark chocolate for dairy free chocolate. I take my nice-cream bites out and let them sit out for 5-10 minutes, just enough time for them to thaw a little without melting. This gives them a more fudgey texture and makes them not as hard to bite into! Another trick you could use is sub the peanut butter out for almond butter and use chopped almonds or pecans or any topping for that matter to top your nice-cream bites!
Nice-cream is a yummy substitute for ice-cream with less sugar and fat content! It is great for those who are looking for dairy free options! You definitely would need to be a banana lover though as I find nice-cream definitely has a strong banana flavour.
This recipe does make a lot of nice-cream bites but for me I find it way easier to make a larger batch at once rather than spending the time to make more again later. Especially for treats that you can store easily for a couple months in the freezer this is perfect to make a large batch and do all the work one time and have treats made for the entire summer. You can definitely make a smaller batch just half the recipe! These do take some time to make however with freezing time, which is why I recommend making the large batch! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
Dark Chocolate & PB Nice Cream Bites - Recipe
Prep Time: 20
Freeze Time: 6 hours
Yields: 20 squares
7 medium ripe bananas
1/2 cup natural crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup cocoa
200g dark chocolate
1/2 cup crushed peanuts
1. Slice bananas and place in freezer bag. Freeze for 2 hours.
2. After 2 hours, blend bananas in food processor with peanut butter and cocoa. Blend for 2 minutes until smooth.
3. Line a 9x9 pan with wax paper and evenly spread out nice cream mixture.
4. Place in freezer (make sure it lays flat) and freeze overnight.
5. Remove from freezer ad remove nice cream from pan carefully. Cut into cubes.
6. Place cubes on lined baking sheet.
7. Melt dark chocolate and dip cubes one by one into melted chocolate. Place each cube one by one back on baking sheet and top with chopped peanuts (you will want to do this quickly as the chocolate will freeze on the nice cream cubes and the peanuts will no longer stick to the chocolate).
8. Once finished, place back in freezer for 20 minutes. Remove rom freezer when ready to serve.