Dark Chocolate Cranberry Granola Bars
I was feeling creative today and put together my own recipe for these dark chocolate, cranberry granola bars! They turned out to taste AMAZING! These granola bars are filled with nuts and seeds and have just the right amount of sweetness for a sweet yet healthy snack! What I love about homemade granola bars are you can add whatever you want into them and I find them to be less sweet than some of the granola bars that you buy at the store. Who doesn't love a quick and easy snack to take on the go??
Healthy Foodiee Tip:
I find adding tahini paste and almond butter to granola bars instead of using only peanut butter and honey makes them a little less sweet! If you are looking for a sweeter and stronger peanut butter taste in your bars, substitute more peanut butter in for the tahini paste and almond butter!
Dark Chocolate Cranberry Granola Bars - Recipe
1 cup oats 1/8 cup chia seeds 1/8 cup ground flaxseeds 1/2 cup chopped pecans 1/4 cup slivered almonds 1/4 pumpkin seeds 1/2 cup dried cranberries 1/3 cup honey 1 tbsp natural peanut butter 1 tbsp almond butter 1 tbsp tahini paste
1. Mix together all dry ingredients.
2. On stove heat honey, peanut butter, almond butter and tahini paste on medium heat for 1 minute.
3. Pour mixture over dry ingredients.
4. Press down on a lined baking sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes on 350 degree.
5. Remove from oven and let sit to cool.
6. Once cooled, cut into bars. Melt dark chocolate and drizzle over bars.
6. Place granola bars in the fridge to let the chocolate harden. Serve and enjoy!