Carrot Cake Oat Cookies
Looking for a new way to sneak in some veggies into your baking? I have the perfect recipe for you. These cookies are loaded with carrots and a whole lot of cinnamon spice! YUMM! These cookies are super moist and chewy and are made with healthy, wholesome ingredients. They are the perfect snack, dessert and are super yummy crumbled on top of your yogurt bowl! I love to use half oats and half flour in my baking to add more texture to my treats! I always use large flake oats for even more texture! To make these cookies vegan, substitute the egg in this recipe for 1 flax egg. To substitute 1 egg, combine 1 tbsp ground flax with 3 tbsp of boiling water and let sit for 5-6 minutes.
Carrot Cake Oat Cookies - Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 12 small cookies
1 cup large flake oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place carrots in food processor and set aside.
3. In large bowl mix together dry ingredients.
4. Once mixed, melt coconut oil add into dry mixture.
5. Add in remaining ingredients and and carrots and mix well.
6. Place mixture on lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and let sit to cool. Serve and enjoy!